Happy New Years Eve; 2015 has truly been wonderful and I can’t believe another year has come and gone! This past year was a year of growth for me – from closing and opening a new chapter in my life, I learned a great deal about myself, relationships and happiness. It’s hard to write a list of New Year Resolutions because sometimes I feel like they can add unneeded pressure or a sense of failure. Every year I vow to go to ‘get a hot beach bod’ or some other goal that is unattainable. Not that these goals cannot be accomplished, but they’re bad because they tell me that something is wrong with me, or that I need to change who I am. This year instead, I am making goals to help me grow as an individual – me, myself – not become a new person for someone else. I have decided that I am going to be selfish 2016; in the best kind of way possible. I want to focus on improving my mental, emotional and physical self so I can then give my best self to new experiences, opportunities and connections.
My 2016 resolutions are:
- Take ‘me time’ each week to reflect, relax and renew
- Walk away from toxic things in my life – experiences, routines, friendships, etc.
- Invest time to grow meaningful relationships with loved ones
- Goal plan each month – small, large, personal and professional
- Discover more of New York City
- Involve myself in meaningful and beneficial experiences – charity work, networking events, cultural opportunities
- Pick up a hobby outside of fashion/media/professional life
- Don’t be afraid to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’
SHOP SIMILAR LOOK IN THE LINKS BELOW:
LEATHER JACKET (FOREVER 21) | TURTLENECK (TARGET) | PANTS (THRIFT) | BELT (LULU’S) | BOOTS (TARGET) | NECKLACE (GO JANE)
PHOTOGRAPHY: SAM KELLY