This post was sponsored by Nature Made® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I’ve always admired my mom’s great skin. Her skin is flawless and it wasn’t until my twenties that I realized that it took a little more than just good genes to maintain good skin, hair and nails. My mom is an aesthetician and has shared some of her beauty secrets with me throughout the years, and today I’m sharing 5 tips for healthy hair, skin and nails. xo
Make sure to play nice to your skin, hair and nails – they’re not invincible so be gentle:
- For your skin, you should cleanse, tone and moisturize 1-2 times a day.
- For your hair, brush regularly, minimize heat tools and trim or cut your hair periodically. Also, coconut oil is an easy and inexpensive hair mask!
- For your nails, use cuticle oil and avoid picking at nails or hangnails.
I used to use tanning beds, love tanning outside and never wore sunscreen. Eek! Now, I religiously wear sunscreen outside and avoid too much direct sunlight on my face.
Drink water! There are a handful of articles about 30-day water challenges, or drinking a gallon of water a day, and most will say that water has helped with complexion, acne and overall energy
Maintain a good diet
Junk food, sugar and other types of food can inflame your skin and cause acne, so eating healthy can help keep your skin looking and feeling healthy.
Take Vitamins and Supplements
Beauty supplements are gaining popularity and I’ve been interested in trying them, so I was really excited when I was introduced to Glow by Nature Made®. This new line of oral supplements from Nature Made® is formulated to help skin stay moisturized from the inside out†. They have three types of supplements – for skin, sleep, and hair and nails. I bought the hair and nails supplement and just started using it regularly in my beauty routine.
Glow Nature Made® can be found in the vitamin/ supplement aisle at Target or online for $13.99. If you are shopping online, use the promo code GLOW for 10% until 5/27/17!
You can shop the following Glow by Nature Made® products:
- Glow by Nature Made® – Skin Moisture + Sleep
- Melatonin helps support sleep†
- Glow by Nature Made® – Skin Moisture + Hair and Nails
- Biotin may help support healthy hair, skin, and nails†
Thank you Nature Made® and Influence Central for collaborating with me on this blog post.